The ABC Creative Music Pack for Year 4/Primary 5 helps children:
- Develop small group composition and performance on untuned and tuned percussion further, using downloadable handouts and the audition format.
- Use rhythm, pitch and lyrics to compose songs- which can be adapted to different topics.
- Develop drum rudiment skills with the Star Drummer Pack- using left and right sticking patterns in composition and performance.
- Learn large scale compositions as a whole class on chime bars, shakers and percussion- to prepare pieces for performance and learn notation, arrangement and instrumental skills.
- Develop improvising skills using voice and percussion.
- The simple shape notation used in the previous packs is expanded with ‘sticks’ added to the shapes in a step towards understanding conventional notation.
- Concepts of call and response, AABA Phrases and resolution/variation are explored.
- Improvisation skills are developed using Repeat, Alternate, Jumble activities on chime bars.
- Group work starts in earnest with an emphasis on composing and rehearsing for performance.
There are no reviews yet, would you like to submit yours?