Whole School Free 1 Month Trial here
- A new way to teach creative music in Primary schools through your interactive whiteboard.
- Child-friendly activities guarantee clear musical outcomes, but give children control,
creating real ownership and achievement.
- So simple you can deliver a very effective programme, even if you feel unconfident about music.
Click on the questions below, to find out more…
- ABC meets your curriculum and expressive arts targets and allows you to use creative music to explore interdisciplinary teaching of themes and topics.
- Colourful on-screen interactive activities help your children establish creative skills in lower primary, composing with animal noises, actions and percussion sounds.
- Age-appropriate sounds and symbols develop in sophistication as children grow.
- In Middle Primary, your children start to work in groups with downloadable handouts, composing and performing with rhythm, pitch and words/lyrics.
- Powerful X-factor style auditions drives rehearsal, performance skills development and peer feedback, so your children become experienced and confident performers of their own music, unlocking the joy of social music-making for all children.
- Use our unique shape notation for rhythm- to allow all children to compose and perform their own rhythms from Year2/P3 onwards.
- If you are a Music Specialist, move between the easy-to-use shape notation and conventional rhythmic notation and the stave.
ABC Creative Music Online develops:
- Active listening skills, visual attention, gross and fine motor skills, language and social skills,
- Literacy and mathematical skills and concepts through the use of symbols and numbers.
- A sense of rhythm and pitch, as well as instrumental and singing skills.
For example, The ABC Music for Reception/P1 course helps children:
- Explore sound and silence,
- Hear and perform different numbers of sounds,
- Explore a basic set of percussion instruments and their sounds,
- Choose and perform sounds and actions with a rhythmic count.
- Explore materials: what sounds can you make with paper?
ABC Music for Year 1/P2 helps children:
- Explore the musical concepts loud and soft, high and low (pitch) and fast and slow (tempo or speed)
- Perform with beats and bars at different speeds
- Explore a wider range of classroom percussion and a new set of percussion icons
- Learn to play chime bars and tuned percussion, composing some simple music as a group using animal symbols.
- Explore materials: What sounds can you make with things made from wood?
ABC Music for Year 2/P3 helps children:
- Develop their sense of pitch and rhythm further.
- Compose short sequences of music on untuned percussion and chime bars, performing them with a rhythmic count as a group.
- Conduct loud and soft sounds on percussion, and learning a song about loud and soft sounds.
- Compose longer sequences with a more complex structure.
- Explore materials: What sounds can you make with things made from plastic?
- Recognise different types of instruments and how they are played.
To find out more, why not sign up for a free 30-day full access trial here.
“The ABC website transformed music in our school. The activities are fun and the children get a real sense of achievement from completing them. I love using the website as everything is at your fingertips – from clear instructions to the music needed for each activity.”
Jane Andrew, Class Teacher, East Ayrshire