Musical creativity gives powerful, validating, multi-sensory & kinaesthetic experiences to children with ASN/SEND.
Go here to watch two beautiful videos of ABC Music resources in action in ASN/SEND settings- in Lochies School Clackmannanshire and Braidburn School Edinburgh.
ABC Music for ASN/SEND helps you make these experiences available to all your children, everyday.
Click on the questions below, to find out more…
- Activities broken down into small steps with Supersized Icons and Teaching Aids in the SEN Resource packs.
- Switch control for on-screen interactive activities. Teachers can set the length of time each choice is presented, to suit individual children. NB: Going live in April 2013- see demo here.
- Guidance on including children with severe Physical Disability in making active choices in creative activities, and in responding to the choices of others.
- Advice on leading creative music activities to children with a variety of needs- including Physical Disability, ADHD, Autistic Spectrum and Down Syndrome/Trisomy21.
- Some children will vocalise accurately along with a song, or play in time with the correct beat.
- Others will play or make sounds at different places in their own way.
- Some will rock to the music, or show signs of pleasure hearing the musical activity of other children.
- For each child, this will be a wonderful success.
The programme is available in both formats:
- Traditional resource packs- laminated lesson plans in a ringbinder, with CDs and Teaching Aids.
- As an online programme delivered through your interactive whiteboard, with interactive onscreen activities, online assessment and training videos- with interactives also available on iPad.
We know that most SEN teachers prefer the flexibility of both formats, so:
- You get a 12-month’s free online subscription if you buy one or more resource packs.
- Or get a free 30-day full access trial for the online-only option.
NB: Our 30-day risk-free guarantee applies to both online and resource pack options, and gives you a full refund if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase.
ABC Music for SEN develops:
- Active listening skills, visual attention, gross and fine motor skills, language and social skills,
- Literacy and mathematical skills and concepts through the use of symbols and numbers .
- a sense of rhythm and pitch, as well as instrumental and singing skills.
The ABC Music for SEN 1 course helps children:
- Explore sound and silence,
- Hear and perform different numbers of sounds,
- Explore a basic set of percussion instruments and their sounds,
- Choose and perform sounds and actions with a rhythmic count.
- Explore materials: what sounds can you make with paper?
ABC Music for SEN 2 helps children:
- Explore the musical concepts loud and soft, high and low (pitch) and fast and slow (tempo or speed)
- Perform with beats and bars at different speeds
- Explore a wider range of classroom percussion and a new set of percussion icons
- Learn to play chime bars and tuned percussion, composing some simple music as a group using animal symbols.
- Explore materials: What sounds can you make with things made from wood?
ABC Music for SEN 3 helps children:
- Develop their sense of pitch and rhythm further.
- Compose short sequences of music on untuned percussion and chime bars, performing them with a rhythmic count as a group.
- Conduct loud and soft sounds on percussion, and learning a song about loud and soft sounds.
- Compose longer sequences with a more complex structure.
- Explore materials: What sounds can you make with things made from plastic?
- Recognise different types of instruments and how they are played.
For more information, sign-up for a full-access 30-day Free Trial here.
Move between difft tracks by clicking the |< or >| buttons.
“It’s been really welcomed by the staff. Very simple to use-
everything is clearly laid out and very colourful…“
Rhoda MacDougall, Headteacher, Lochies School, Clackmannanshire