The ABC Creative Music Pack for Year 2/Primary 3:
- Contains 45 progressive child-centred creative music activities.
- Easy to use for ALL staff, even those who feel unconfident with music.
- Children compose and perform with animal noises, actions, untuned and tuned percussion-
using child-friendly teaching aids.
- Simple language and a clear colourful layout- designed for everyday use in a busy classroom.
- Curricular planning and assessment sheets for aCFE or NC/Keystages.
- Explore further the musical concepts higher/lower/same (pitch) and fast and slow (tempo or speed).
- Explore a musical scale pictured on a staircase, learning to use their ears to find an animal character hiding behind one stair/one note of the scale- to develop finer pitch perception.
- Compose short sequences of music on untuned percussion and chime bars, performing them with a rhythmic count as a group.
- Conduct loud and soft sounds on percussion, and performing a song about loud and soft sounds.
- Compose longer sequences of percussion sounds with a more interesting structure.
- Explore materials: What sounds can you make with things made from plastic?
- Recognise different types of instruments and how they are played.
- Explore easy-to-use shape notation- to compose and play rhythms as a class- Square = 1 sound per beat, Circle = two sounds per beat.