Several Scottish local authorities now use ABC Online as a mainstay of their YMI Primary music provision, with more looking to us each year.
- Are cost-effective with a proven track record: Our 15 years of experience, means we understand the current funding picture, and the time pressure and financial constraints you are under. Open: More info...
- Design projects to exactly fit your authority’s needs, strategy and budget.
- Run projects that win hearts and change minds, as well as deliver excellent educational experiences.
- Write clear proposals and costings, which include estimated travel costs, and collect evidence of use and effectiveness.
- Take over part or all of the project admin, organisation and communication with teachers and schools, so projects don’t get log-jammed because of overload.
- Explore different funding models- with funding shared between school and local authority budgets.
- Place genuine creative music-making at the heart of your classroomsfrom Primary 1 onwards.Read More info...
- Fresh approaches to notation, improvisation and composition help children create their own music on-screen, then learn to perform it using voice, body and classroom instruments.
- Smart design guarantees rewarding musical outcomes, giving your teacher’s confidence and your children ownership- “I composed that- and it sounds great!”
- These skills are transferred to music-making in small groups using downloadable handouts- great for team-work, communication and lots of fun while learning!
- Explore a progressive sequence of age-appropriate sounds, symbols and concepts- animal noises, actions, instrumental sounds, rhythm, pitch and lyrics.
- Are great for non-specialists:Everything you need is on-screen- with proven training and support packages at >95% approval rates.Read More info...
Non-specialist delivery can offer many advantages in theory-
- Reduced wage costs,
- Means children get music continuously through the academic session,
- Fully realises the cross-curricular potential of creative music, to meet the challenges laid down by aCFE.
But to reap these rewards, you need effective training and support that properly addresses the anxieties non-specialists have about teaching music.
And a resource that understands how pressured the working lives of classroom teachers really are.
- Our CPD sessions have been fine-tuned over 15 years, and receive great feedback and approval ratings.
- Traffic-light assessments stored on a secure website, with printable reports, downloadable curricular coding and planning documents, training videos and rapid IT support, are the sort of features that make hard-pressed classroom teachers feel ‘This was designed for me’.
- Our on-site support packages are popular with teachers and highly effective in driving up the breadth and quality of implementation.
- Any technical tuition for instrumental, rhythm, pitch and singing skills is delivered by on-screen videos and animations, allowing non-specialists to learn with their class.
- Smart support for classroom management in group work, drives skills development through structured auditions, peer feedback and on-screen rehearsal timers.
At ABC, we care about quality creative music education, and the positive impact it has on children’s learning and development.
So, while we are proud to now have over 5000 teachers registered with our Online resource,
we are always striving to improve our resources, and are delighted to announce two major new programmes:
- The ‘Create with Pitch’ programme for Upper Primary featuring a fantastic on-screen pitch composer and ABC Pitch Palettes.
Try it for yourself. Compose something here.Read More info...
Our new Upper Primary ‘Create with Pitch’ programme is being rolled out now, with a fantastic new interactive on-screen pitch composer- that everyone can enjoy using.
Our new Pitch Composer:
- Users compose rhythms by sequencing shapes, then add pitch using letters- so easy that in testing users aged 4 from to 70 years old found it easy and fun to use.
- Rock solid playback on various instruments at various speeds sounds great and inspires performance.
- Children can compose individually on-screen at home or in small groups in IT suites, save and email their compositions, before learning to perform them on classroom instruments.
- By next session, all pitch composition will be convertible between shape and stave notation, allowing more confident class teachers or specialists to teach the stave using a wide-range of creative activities.
Our new Pitch Palettes:
- Support P4-P7 children in creating their own music with each palette coded as Happy, Sad, Scary or Magic.
- Are carefully selected to guarantee satisfying outcomes- while giving children clear ownership- “I composed that!”
- Provide progression in both creative and performance skills- children compose with 2, 3, 4 then 5 note palettes. At each stage, children learn to play their compositions on sets of individual chime bars, or on tuned percussion with unused bars removed. When confident they progress to performing within a full piano keyboard layout.
- Pitch Palettes are carefully designed to ensure maximal use of available tuned percussion in every classroom.
- Our wonderful African Music Festival Programme- find out more here.Read More info...
- Master drummers, musicians and dancers from Ghana and Burkina Faso visit Primary schools,
- Teachers and children study dance, Music drumming and singing with online video resources,
- The African musicians and children come together to perform a large-scale concert at a major arts venue.
‘Thanks again to everyone for such a wonderfully rich, inspirational and creative project culminating in this evening’s fantastic concert.’ John Wilson, East Ayrshire
I need more info?
There are info videos covering:
Primary Resources here.
Training and Support Options here.
Music Leader here.
African Music Festival here.
Do you have referees?
We can provide referees from local authorities where they are rolling out ABC Online to all primary schools in their area.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request contact details of referees.
Can I see the resources for myself- or ask my team to look at them?
Go here for a 1-month full access log-in to explore the online resources.
How might you help my particular situation?
We are happy to come to see you, to give you a demo, and discuss a programme that address the challenges you face.
Please contact email@example.com to ask for more information, arrange a call or a meeting.