ABC Music Pack for Year 6/Primary 7
- Contains over 50 progressive child-centred creative music activities.
- Easy to use for ALL staff, even those who feel unconfident with music.
- Children compose in bandss with pitch, harmony, grooves and lyrics, using handouts and a powerful X-factor style audition format.
- Simple language and a clear colourful layout- designed for everyday use in a busy classroom.
- Curricular planning and assessment sheets for aCFE or NC/Keystages.
In the Year 6/Primary 7 course, children:
- Develop all the rhythmic, composition and improvising skills introduced at the end of the Year 5/P6 resource.
- Learn to play pre-composed performance pieces as a whole class, with lyrics and melody, chords and percussion groove, to prepare material for performance and learn about new concepts.
- Compose as bands with 3 beat bars and 8-beat ideas- with melody, chord and Hi/Mid/Lo percussion grooves.
- Learn to use the tie-icon, to compose with long notes lasting 2, 3 or 4 beats.
- Add lyrics to make topic related compositions.
- Learn a performance piece- Kaleidoscope life- using Ostinatos (repeated patterns) then compose your own ostinatos, and band compositions using Ostinatos.
- Use creative writing modules to explore rhyme schemes, and develop lyrics for topic related modules, e.g. make imaginary interviews with song subjects.
- Compose more interesting songs with 2 note chord parts and
study rhyming schemes.
The ABC Creative Music Pack for Year 6/Primary 7 contains:
- A hard-wearing ring-binder with over 50 laminated lesson plans.
- Simple step-by-step Instructions written like a script, so if you’ve not had time to prepare, read out the lesson plan to run the class.
- 4 Audio CDs with over 4 hours of music.
- Over 50 pages of photo-copiable handouts.
- Age-appropriate composition system: Two laminated A3 Grid Teaching Aids and over 36 velcro-backed playing-card-sized icons, in 1 set: Shapes+ (Square, Circle, Triangle, Shhh, Cool, Semicircle) PLUS 9 Rhythm Set Cards and 27 Pitch Set Cards.
ABC Music Pack for Year 6/Primary 7:
Price £180 & VAT with FREE SHIPPING in the UK and NI.
If you are not completely satisfied, return packs in resellable condition or cancel subscription within 30 days,
and we’ll refund the full purchase price and any return postage.
Each resource pack contains more than enough material for a whole year of study.
Introductory Journeys at the start of all the courses after Reception/Primary 1 cover material from the previous pack. A rangefinder helps you work out where to start in the new session, to allow children to move smoothly through the programme.
Doing some preparation will help you deliver a better class, adapt activities to your themes and topics, and will make you feel more relaxed, especially if teaching ABC music is new for you.
But we know teachers are busy, so all the resources are written in simple language, with a clear layout. Lesson plans are laid out like a script- so if you need to, you can take a lesson plan, and say to children- “Let’s see what we have to do today!” and run the activity by reading out the script.
Everything you need should be in most classrooms. You need:
- A set of standard classroom instruments- tuned and untuned percussion- eg wood blocks, tambourines, shakers/maracas, chime bars, drums/tambours, xylophones/glockenspiels and beaters etc.
- A CD player- we recommend Coombers because they are nice and loud!