- Contains over 30 progressive child-centred creative music activities.
- Easy to use for ALL staff, even those who feel unconfident with music.
- Children compose and perform with animal noises, actions and percussion sounds-
using child-friendly teaching aids.
- Simple language and a clear colourful layout- designed for everyday use in a busy classroom.
- Curricular planning and assessment sheets for aCFE or NC/Keystages.
Introduces the general skills:
visual attention, listening, working with instruments as a group, turn-taking
and develops these into the musical skills of prompted performance with simple untuned percussion, voice, and body movement. Pupils are taught how to make simple choices and improvise by pointing at symbols. Early composition skills are introduced by sequencing animal noises, actions and percussion sounds using icons, Throughout the pack , the concepts of Sound/Silence, Numbers of Sounds, Left & Right, and Repetition are introduced and developed. Progressive activities develop a sense of rhythm and the use of a count. The course lays the foundation for musical creativity. Includes an ‘Explore Materials’ strand using paper.