Go here to find out how ABC can help yourPrimary Music Provision.
Go here to find out how ABC can you help your Early Years Music Provision.
Background: ABC Creative Music has worked with a wide range
of Local Authority partners since 2000.
Aberdeenshire, Orkney, Shetland, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Dumfries & Galloway, East Ayrshire, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, Clackmannanshire, Western Isles, Inverclyde, East Lothian, Stirling, High Barnet…
What ABC Offers your Local Authority, Music Hub or Service:
- Over 14 years experience of designing and running large and small scale projects for Early Years, Primary and SEN with Local Authority Partners in Scotland and England.
- High-quality tried-and-tested resources delivered online, on iPads and as resource packs, with central CPD training, on-site support programmes, and training for local support teams.
- Small Pilot Projects- so you can test for yourself how ABC works in your schools.
- Bespoke project and resource design to suit your needs and budget.
- We can provide direct-to school administration and communication.
- Innovative approaches to recruiting schools who don’t engage with music programmes- such as Creative Music Days and Targeted schools programmes.
- A range of available projects including Global Citizenship, Enterprise, Upper Primary Singing, Instrumental and Big-Band, bespoke Large-scale Performance options with multiple school/class involvement.
Case Study: African Music Festival: May 2014:
Our recent highly successful African Music Festival involved multiple classes from 11 schools in three Local Authority areas in Scotland- East Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire and Midlothian.
The project involved SEN/ASN, Primary and Secondary children, who learned African Drumming and Dancing from a new online resource, and then rehearsed and performed with a 7-piece leading Drum and Dance Ensemble from Ghana, a singer and N’goni (African Harp) player from Burkina Faso, and leading jazz and folk musicians from the UK.
Class teachers received training to consolidate learning using the web-based resources, on-site visits took trainers into classrooms, and then children rehearsed and presented a large-scale performance in major Arts venue in each local authority area, as well as smaller-scale performances in their own schools- with fantastic results.
For more information go here.
ABC offers a range of training and support options.
Our Music Leader programme is proving extremely successful and cost-effective for Local Authorities, allowing you to trim and resource a local training and support team, recruited from enthusiastic class teachers or local arts specialists, who are trained and equipped with online CPD resources by ABC.
ABC Creative Music resources are unique in overcoming anxiety and building confidence in non-specialist staff that use them. An ABC program delivered by classroom teachers sits very comfortably alongside music specialist provision, and benefits from specialist input and support. Our Music Leader programme also offers music specialists a clear role in the future, by embedding them at the centre of a forward looking cross-curricular, fully embedded music program.
Our IST/CPD training sessions achieve very high ratings from staff, especially non-specialist classroom teachers who typically enter CPD training sessions looking anxious and defensive and leave looking enthused and empowered.
Training feedback here.
ABC Creative Music Online provides a unique approach to delivering classroom music, in a way that takes music into a new cross-curricular world. ABC doesn’t just look different. Backed by 15 years of research and testing, this program overcomes many barriers to increasing music capacity. ABC empowers non-specialist teachers to overcome their fears and resistance to teaching music. The program works because the training, resources, use of notation, and percussion all powerfully say to non-specialists – this program is for you and you CAN do it. By doing so it gives local authorities the flexibility to focus budgets on specialist provision.
Apply for a one-month full access ABC Online log-in here, so you and your Local Authority/Music Hub colleagues can fully assess the resource- even try it out in the classroom!
Please contact Phil Bancroft at firstname.lastname@example.org
or on 0131 510 0099 for a meeting, local authority reference, or presentation to your team.