ABC Development Pack for Instrumental Teachers £80 & VAT
This pack (catalogue no: abcip02) :
- Helps your instrumental students develop improvisational skills using the ABC method.
- Teaches the phrase building skills required to become an improviser.
- Starts with words and scat sounds, then move on to triads, and then to scales.
- Starts students with “I point you play” to learn the decision making skills, then put those skills to work on their own instrument.
- Teaches students to compose, improvise and start to cope with changing chords.
- is for concert, Eb and Bb instruments
Comments from teachers already using ABC Instrumental Packs in Primary Schools
“I think it is really good. I’m not a jazzer, but it got hold of me as soon as I put on the CD. When you’re trying to play solos, people tend to play loads of notes, but with these resources, students
right away start using a structure, using repetition or contrast. AABA phrases really makes sense to people. It all made sense, I really enjoyed it. I found it very clear and simple in approach, and it
can be incorporated in all age groups. It’s very logical and good fun.”
John McCrory, Instrumental Instructor, S Lanarkshire
Non-Jazz Specialist using Instrumental Pack