Drumming, Dancing, Creativity, Global Citizenship, Personal & Social Development
African Drumming & Dancing Experience
One Day African Drumming & Dancing Experience POA
- One Day workshop of Traditional Ghanaian drumming and dancing
- Led by a master drummer and a master dancer – both from Ghana.
- Up to 60 P5-7 children can take part
- Ends in a performance to the whole school.
- A fun and unforgettable experience for your whole school.
4-6 week ABC African Drumming& Dance Experience: POA
- Adds breadth & depth of learning to the one day African Drum & Dance workshop
- Initial visit by ABC trainer with children demonstrates how to learn drumming patterns using body percussion and dance patterns
- Same day CPD session shows class teachers how to use video drumming and dancing courses on ABC website to learn from 2 Ghanaian masters on screen.
- Classes can practice drumming and dancing with class teacher over several weeks before Final visit by 2 Ghanaian Masters - meaning skills development and impact on children is much greater
- Video diaries from children in Ghana and Malawi and visit by Ghanaian master drummer and dancer provide great opportunity for Global Citizenship learning around project.
- Course also encourages self expression through improvising on drums and freestyle dancing.
- Witness the transformative journey from “it is unthinkable that I would dance freestyle in front of my classmates” to ” it is unthinkable that I WOULDNT dance freestyle in front of my classmates”.
For more information contact Tom Bancroft on +447974 983701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get a video permission slip for this project by clicking the Download button below.